The first piece of advice I received when I began my business was that I needed an MLM coach. I thought, sure, I need training and someone to show me the ropes. I had been in the work force a long time; talk radio host, realtor, church music director, etc. Beyond that, how hard could it be?
As I soon discovered, MLM could chew a person up and spit them out. Yes, I did need a coach; I’ve had several. Here are my top 5 reasons why I will never be without one and a few things I’ve learned from them along the way.
1. Training: A good MLM Coach will push you to give more than you think you have to give and empower you to be more than you ever thought possible. You can’t get enough of training, and your coach has been around long enough to provide you with the best. In addition to their own training, a good coach will surround you with others who are experts in their field and know how to make the most of your potential; this is very important, especially in MLM. Ninety-eight per cent of the time it will save you from quitting. It will definitely save you from wasting time sifting through the mountains of material
2. Accountability: A good MLM Coach will not always tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Your coach will take you seriously. If they are to give you their time, they will make certain of your commitment to your MLM business. With that assured and with their help, you will set reasonable goals and your coach will keep you on point. They will hold you responsible for your actions. You will learn to appreciate that about them!
3. Support: I can’t stress how important this is; you must give yourself over to being coachable. This is harder that it sounds. We need support while we build up the confidence to succeed. White collar, blue collar, no collar, doctor, lawyer, soccer mom, whoever; previous work success is no predictor of accomplishment in MLM. It is a humbling experience to learn that just because we were No. 1 in the town, region, or country on that “other” team; MLM is a whole different ballgame and the clock has just started running. A coach will watch for the signs that you are about to turn tail and run. He will
be there for you; guiding, mentoring, listening, and encouraging.
4. Availability and Presence: When a coach accepts you on their team, it forms a type of (healthy) inter-dependent relationship. As your success to some extent depends on them, so it is that a coach is fulfilled by your success. Your coach is present during the game calling the plays. They give the thumbs up or down. Sometimes it could be; take a seat on the bench and let me show you how it’s done. You’re not on the field by yourself until you are ready to be. Your coach has your back because they are at the game.
5. Teamwork: A good MLM Coach positions the team to maximize strength and minimize weakness. The MLM business is based on the principle of teamwork. A team is a group of individuals which should function as a single organism to achieve a specific goal. A good coach knows every individual; we don’t. Trust your coach and play in the position you are assigned. Those positions will change as time goes on. Your coach has a plan—the big picture.
Don’t we all want to be there in the playoffs and go on to the championship? A good MLM Coach prepares us all along the way for a winning season. When we start out in network marketing, we don’t start as coach/ leaders. We must be followers; we must be teammates. At the end of the day, that is who we will remain. We will experience the value of our team as we mature in the MLM business. We will never have a time when we don’t need a coach and we don’t need a team.
One final hurrah; if we choose a good coach, they will make sure we take these beginning steps to prepare us for the professional leagues.
Sooner than you think, someone will be looking for a good MLM Coach for themselves and it will be you!!
PS: Generate FREE LEADS Every Day For Your Network Marketing Business and GET PAID Even When They Don’t Join Your Business. >> Click Here For Instant Access